2012 Utica Shale Playbook
The Utica Shale is the newest giant in the shale inventory of the US and Canada. From grassroots leasing to commencement of infrastructure build in 18 months, this new, liquids-rich shale play is already being compared with the Eagle Ford - possibly, as superior to it. This playbook focuses on the U.S. portion of the Utica shale, and particularly on activity in the rich gas window in western Pennsylvania and eastern Ohio.
The 2012 Utica shale playbook includes:
- An overview of Utica geology and reservoir characteristics
- Profiles of key Utica players and summaries of their activities and plans going forward, including updates on related Marcellus activity
- In-depth look at drilling and completion technologies being employed in the new Utica wells
- Comprehensive review of midstream infrastructure in the Utica and Marcellus plays in the Appalachian Basin
- Production forecasts and breakeven economics for the Utica, including acreage positions of leading companies
- Wall map displaying Utica thickness, thermal maturation, well activity, and midstream infrastructure in the Appalachian Basin
Table of Contents:
OVERVIEW The Utica: Game On
From grassroots leasing to commencement of infrastructure build in
18 months, this new, liquids-rich shale play is already being compared
with the Eagle Ford - possibly, as superior to it.
KEY PLAYERS A Giant Emerges in Shale Country
Big operators want a piece of the Utica action.
TECHNOLOGY The Fledgling Utica
Could it be the next Eagle Ford?
MIDSTREAMA Marcellus and Utica Update
Midstream infrastructure expands as the Utica, Marcellus plays thrive
ECONOMICS The Utica Shale: Competing with the Big Boys
The Utica is not a liquids-rich utopia, but it will do.
REFERENCES Additional Information on the Utica Shale
For more details on the Utica Shale, consult these selected sources.