Operators are applying both horizontal and vertical wells to produce reserves from this longtime target that occupies a swath 160 miles long and 30 miles wide in the Texas Panhandle and western Oklahoma. The Granite Wash is an extraordinary reservoir, prone to extreme variations in thickness, grain size, pore-size distribution, number of prospective intervals and gas/oil ratio. Economic rates are achieved by multistage, slickwater fracture treatments and close attention to costs.
60 pages. Also includes 18" x 24" folded Granite Wash Map.
Table of Contents
- Chapter One: Granite Wash Overviews
- Chapter Two: Granite Wash Facies - A Basin-wide Look
- Chapter Three: Granite Wash Flows To Shareholders
- Chapter Four: Successes Notched in a Tough Play
- Chapter Five: Midstream Eyes Turning to Granite Wash
- Chapter Six: Horizontal Drilling Revitalizes a Washed-up Play
- Chapter Seven: References